Duration: 40 Days
Best Time: June – End August
A brief Introductions:
Ultar Peak is situated in the Batura group of mountains in the Karakorum range, which starts from Chalt village Bar valley to Kampir Dior in Kurumbar valley, which cuts The Pamir and Hindukush ranges from Karakorum.
This beautiful mountain lies in center Hunza region 103 km, from Gilgit and 715 km from the capital city of Islamabad. The surrounding peaks are Lady finger, Marble Peak, Harchinder Peak, Passu Peak, Diran and other famous high mountains. The surrounding glaciers are Attabad, Ultar, Hassan Abad and Batura.
Technically its known for its hard steady ice and rock falls, overhanging rocks and sheer ice, crevasses and sharp ridges. It was attempted by many expeditions in the past, but all of them failed but the only expedition which climbed it in 1997 was a Japanese climbers group. The approach is Gilgit, Hunza -Shahabad- Shamir Harar -Bathbakor-Base Camp. This magnificent peak is an attraction for tourists from all over the world and is called the princess of Hunza.
Day01: Arrival in Islamabad.
Day02: Briefing in Islamabad.
Day03: Fly to Gilgit (Flight is subject to weather). In case of cancellation of flight drive (10-12 hrs) by coach to Chilas (480 km) on Karakoram Highway.
Day 04 Drive to Karimabad.
Day 05 Trek to the Base Camp.
Day 06-35 30 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 36 Trek back to Karimabad.
Day 37 Drive by coach back to Chilas.
Day 38 Morning drive to Islamabad it will take 10 to 12 hours.
Day 39 Debriefing In Islamabad.
Day 40 Transfer to airport for your fly home.
- Liaison with Ministry of Tourism inIslamabadfor climbing permit process, providing measurements of the appointed Liaison officer for his prescribed kit.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Official Briefing/Debriefing.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas and Hunza.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 50 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Climbing Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid to the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearing agent charges.
- Any other service not included in above list.