Base Camp Altitude: 3600m
Location: Passu Glacier
Duration: 31 Days
Best Time: June – August
A brief Introduction:
Passu peak is situated at the extreme west of Batura Muztagh in upper Hunza beyond Passu village. At a distance of about one hundred kilometers from Chinese border and 150 kilometers from Gilgit, it is clearly visible on theKarakoram Highway. It was first climbed in 1978 by joint Pakistan Japanese expedition and one of their members Mr. Toshio Takahashi lost his life by felling into a crevasse on the lower glacier at c5800M. Passu, a long but gently angled climb from the Passu Glacier to the east has so far have a number of ascents. The surrounding peaks are Batura-I 7885m, Shishper 619m, Balter Peak7400m and Kampir Deyor Peak7611m.
Day 01 Islamabad/Briefing
Day 02 Islamabad-Chilas
Day 03 Chilas-Passi
Day 04-06 Trek to Base Camp
Day 07-25 Climbing Days
Day 26 Base Camp-Passu
Day 27 Passu-Karimabad
Day 28 Karimabad-Besham
Day 29 Besham-Islamabad
Day 30 Islamabad Debriefing
Day 31 Departure for home flight
- Liaison with Ministry of Tourism inIslamabadfor climbing permit process, providing measurements of the appointed Liaison officer for his prescribed kit.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Official Briefing/Debriefing.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas and Hunza Passu.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 50 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- Liaison Officer kit and equipment, allowances, travel, hotels, meals and insurance and his personal expenses of any kind.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Climbing Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid to the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearing agent charges.
- Any other service not included in this list.