Base Camp Altitude: 4500m
Location: Baltoro Glacier
Duration: 45 Days
Best Time: June – August
A brief Introduction:
Gasherbrum III is the third highest peak among the shining walls of the Karakoram mountain range and is situated between Gasherbrum II and IV. Until 1974, it has remained the highest unclimbed peak.
It was the highest unclimbed peak upto 1974, before a Polish women’s expedition, under the leadership of Mrs. Wanda Rutkiewics, climbed it on the 11th August, 1975. The women did the real job and it was they who touched the summit.
Day 01 Arrival in Pakistan
Day 02 Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03 Islamabad-Chilas
Day 04 Chilas-Skardu
Day 05 Skardu
Day 06 Skardu-Askoli
Day 07 Askoli-Jula
Day 08 Jula-Paiju
Day 09 Paiju
Day 10 Paiju-Urdukus
Day 11 Urdukus-Goro-II
Day 12 Goro-II-Concordia
Day 13 Shagharing
Day 14GasherbrumBase Camp
Day 15-36 Climbing Days Reserved for Ascend of Gasherbrum-II
Day 37GasherbrumBase Camp-Goro
Day 38 Goro-II-Urdukus
Day 39 Urdukus-Paiju
Day 40 Paiju-Korofong
Day 41 Korofong-Askoli-Skardu
Day 42 Skardu-Chilas
Day 43 Chilas-Islamabad
Day 44 De-briefing
Day 45 Departure for home fly out.
- Liaison with Ministry of Tourism inIslamabadfor climbing permit process, providing measurements of the appointed Liaison officer for his prescribed kit.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Official Briefing/Debriefing.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas and Skardu.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 50 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- Liaison Officer kit and equipment, allowances, travel, hotels, meals and insurance and his personal expenses of any kind.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Climbing Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid to the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearing agent charges.
- Any other service not included in the list.