Base Camp Altitude: 4000m
Location: Baltoro Glacier
Duration: 60 Days
Best Time: June – August
A brief Introduction:
Masherbrum or K-1 is another majestic peak of the Karakoram Range. Masherbrum proves to be an enthralling climb for mountaineers. It has been attempted by number of climbers but only few have reached the summit.
The first attempt was made by James Waller and his party in 1938 but deep snow forced them to surrender at an altitude of 7600 meters. In 1960, a Pakistan -American Expedition led by Dr. George Bell reached the summit. The successful climbers include Willi Unsoeld, George Bell, and Nick Clinch of USA and Captain Javed Aktar of Pakistan Army.
Day 02 Briefing at Ministry of Tourism
Day 03 Islamabad-Chilas
Day 04 Chilas-Skardu
Day 05 Skardu
Day 06 Skardu-Hushe
Day 07 Hushe-Dalchampa
Day 10-39 Climbing Days
Day 40 Musherbrum BC-Hushe
Day 41 Hushe-Skardu
Day 42 Skardu-Chilas
Day 43 Chilas-Islamabad
Day 44 Debriefing
Day 45 Departure for home flight.
- Liaison with Ministry of Tourism inIslamabadfor climbing permit process, providing measurements of the appointed Liaison officer for his prescribed kit.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Clearance of cargo before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Official Briefing/Debriefing.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas and Skardu.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 75 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 50 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- Liaison Officer kit and equipment, allowances, travel, hotels, meals and insurance and his personal expenses of any kind.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member(s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Climbing Permit, Pollution and Environmental fee or any other fee required to be paid to the Government of Pakistan.
- Clearing agent charges.
- Any other service not included in this list.