Duration: 41 Days
Best Time: Mid May – End August
A brief Introduction:
A small tree-lined stream passes through Paiyu, and tent platforms are carved out all over the hillside. Paiyu is often crowded and noisy. The tent platforms higher along the stream are quieter with good views.
Paiyu is the last source of wood. Despite kerosene and stoves, and signs urging porters not to cut wood, they do so in order to bake break for the coming days.
Day 01 Islamabad:
Arrival in Islamabad, assist and transfer to hotel.
Day 02 Islamabad:
Drive for briefing back to hotel.
Day 03 Skardu/Chilas Fly to Skardu:
Skardu/Chilas Fly to Skardu. In case of cancellation of flight drive to Chilas
Day 04 Chilas:
Free Day at Skardu. If your are driving, complete road journey (07-08 hrs) to Skardu En-route has good view of Nanga Parbat(8125m).
Day 05 Skardu – Askole:
Askole (3000m) Fly to Skardu. In case of cancellation of flight drive to Chilas 12-14 hrs
Day 06-08 Askole – Base camp:
Early in the morning Trek to Base Camp.
Day 09-33 25 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 34-37 Base Camp – Askole:
Trek back to Askole and drive to Skardu.
Day 38 Islamabad/Chilas:
Islamabad/Chilas Fly toIslamabad. In case of flight cancellation drive to Chilas.
Chilas/Islamabad Leisure day at Islamabad. In case of driving, complete Road journey from Chilas to Islamabad.
Day 40 Islamabad:
Morning Drive to Islamabad for Debriefing.
Day 41 Islamabad:
Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas and Skardu.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 50 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 25 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member (s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Clearance of cargo and clearing agent’s charges before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Any other service not included in above list.