Duration: 26 Days
Best Time: May-End Sep.
A brief Introduction:
Sakar Sar is situated in Chapursan valley of Gojal (Hunza). It lies on the border of Wakhan and Pakistan. Upto Sost we travel on the KKH. From Sost a jeep track will take us to village of Baba Gundi from where we start our trekking.
There is a shrine of Baba Gundi saint in the village. According to the local legend a saint Baba Gundi came begging in the valley and received only some milk from an old woman. To punish the valley the Baba sent flood and mud slick destroying everything except the old woman. Pilgrims from allover northern Pakistan and Wakhan visit Baba Gundi’s shrine.
Day 01 Arrival in Islamabad Transfer, Night in hotel.
Day 02 Drive to Besham. Night in hotel.
Day 03 Drive to Gilgit. Night in hotel.
Day 04 Drive to Sost. Night in hotel.
Day 05 Drive to Baba Gundi by jeep. Night in tent.
Day 06 Trek to Sakar sar BC. Night in tent
Day 07-21 15 days for acclimatization and climbing.
Day 22 Trek back to Baba Gundi, night in camp.
Day 23 Drive to Sost and then to Karimabad, night in hotel
Day 24 Drive to Besham and night in hotel.
Day 25 Drive to Islamabad and overnight at hotel.
Day 26 Fly out. Transfer to airport for your return flight home.
- Process of import/export permit from ministry of tourism.
- Assistance upon arrival/departure.
- Hotel accommodation in Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Chilas Hunza.
- All meals during trek and at B.C. as per itinerary.
- Porterage of 50 kg per person of expedition equipment and high altitude food etc. to the B.C. and 25 kg per person on return from BC.
- Road transfers between airport/hotel and within city as per itinerary.
- Sleeping tents, mattresses, mess, kitchen and toilet tent with tables/field stools and camping ground fees.
- Kitchen equipment, crockery, cutlery, fuel and related community gear.
- Wages and basic kit of guide, sirdar, cook and assistant(s).
- Insurance of our field staff and low altitude porters (except helicopter rescue).
- Porterage at airports, hotels, toll taxes and parking fee etc.
- Mail handling/forwarding to BC/overseas except postage charges.
- Reconfirmation of air tickets.
- Hiring of HAPs, mail runner(s) and any other crew as per requirement. (Wages and kit to be arranged by the team).
Services not included:
- International & domestic airfare, airport tax, excess baggage charges.
- Surface transfers in case of flight cancellations to the kick off point.
- High altitude porters/any crew above BC.
- Tents, sleeping bags, personal and climbing equipment of any kind beyond base camp including high altitude food and oxygen.
- Medications, ground evacuations and helicopter rescue charges of any kind.
- Room services, laundry, beverages, phone/communication bills and items of personal nature.
- Insurance liability of member (s) and other under force majeure conditions.
- Clearance of cargo and clearing agent’s charges before arrival of the team and its storage.
- Any other service not included in above list.